Saturday, December 21, 2013

DIY Ombré Hair Tutorial - For Dark Hair

Two weeks ago I had this urge to do something with my naturally black hair. I haven't coloured my hair in years, as I had an allergic reaction to black henna & dye about 6 years ago, but I so badly needed a change. There's only so much a hair cut can do!

I thus decided to go ombré, fortunately I don't have a reaction to bleach so this worked in my favour! :)
Since I've changed I've had numerous requests on how I did it. This is how......




Follow the steps in the video below. It is very easy. Just requires a lot of patience while you wait for the bleach to do its job.



Since we don't have the products as stated in the video in South Africa (or I just haven't heard of it), I used Kair Blonde Highlight Kit (available at Clicks stores), tons of foil and a very good treatment conditioner when washing my hair.(I used Sunsilk Gold Conditioning treatment)  It's very important that you condition well so that you have shiny, healthy looking, gold tips.

So instead of breaking the bank and splurging at the hair salon, do this look yourself for about R50!


Kair Bleach Kit available at Clicks

Good luck!
xoxo
N


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...